Monday, February 22, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

These muffins taste best when prepared barefoot on a sunny Sunday afternoon in February, windows open to let in the unseasonably warm air, while you are singing Mozart and Handel arias at the top of your lungs, scaring your cats and disturbing the neighbours. But you can alter the recipe as you see fit.

I got this recipe from Epicurious.com, my new favourite iPhone app, but you can also visit the website: www.epicurious.com.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ (I substituted a bit of whole wheat flour)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 or 4 medium)
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (I used smooth and added a handful of crushed roasted almonds and cashews)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I don't use vegetable oil so I added 1/4 cup of olive oil instead; I figured the peanut butter would have enough oil in it)
  • 1/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar (I used light brown sugar and it was fine)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

No comments:

Post a Comment